Halloween ghost hunting is legendary. It’s the one night of the year when almost everyone expects ghosts.
Many of us want to prepare ahead of time, for the best ghost hunting experience, ever.
But then, between back-to-school, plus sporting events, and the change of seasons… well, it’s easy to wake up one day and realize it’s already Halloween.
Don’t panic. It’s not too late to organize your Halloween plans for ghost hunting success.
In the following video, Halloween Ghost Hunting Tips, I explain the steps my team and I follow to get the most from ghost hunting on Halloween.
Some of the most important points:
- Plan ahead. Decide on at least one backup location, in case your first choice is closed or too crowded.
- Verify each location ahead of time, in person.
- Print maps, in case your GPS fails. (Especially during Halloween ghost investigations, never rely on anything electronic.)
- Check the weather forecast, and dress accordingly… and bring any “just in case” items you might need.
- Allow extra travel time for Halloween traffic and trick-or-treaters.
- The night before Halloween, get a good night’s sleep. You may need it.
- Expect surprises and (perhaps) more scares than usual. But, if the ghosts don’t cooperate at your Plan A location, it may be time for Plan B.
- Also, you can read what happened to me in 1999, at a “not very haunted” cemetery: Ghostly Mischief on Halloween Night. I was glad I had a Plan B location in mind. And, after that, I learned to be prepared.
If you’d like to download a free Halloween ghost hunting checklist that includes all the points in the video, click here. (It’s a PDF at Google Drive.)
Also, if you’re a new ghost hunter, you’ll find additional Halloween insights at my Ghosts101.com article, Is Halloween the best time for ghost hunting?
Do you have additional tips for ghost hunting at Halloween? Share them in the comments section of this HollowHill.com article.
- FreeImages.com: Eric Nelson (Gettysburg), Daryl Chan (clouds), nvision88 (traffic), Title & credits page: old-manor-1231905