This website has been online for over 20 years. During that time, my research and my related, personal views have changed significantly.
So have investigative techniques and tools.
Today, I’m more skeptical than I was back in 1999. I’m also more wary of spiritual entities that can be dangerous, whether you call them “demons” or something else.
I considered deleting this website – or major parts of it – to reflect my current views and what I’ve learned over the years. However, much of the information at this site is still useful, if a bit dated.
So, as you read my articles, keep these points in mind:
- When I speak about “ghosts” in older articles, I might actually mean ghost-like energy or ghostly phenomena, not always an actual ghost. (Also see my article, Ghosts v. Spirits.)
- Many apparently haunted sites are merely eerie, and rich with lingering – perhaps “residual” – energy from the past. (Frankly, those are among my favorite places to visit.)
- About 80% of the sites I investigate can be explained (“debunked”), usually in terms of infrasound. However, just because a site might be affected by infrasound (or some other natural cause), that may not explains everything odd or eerie at that location. Personal interpretations and experiences may vary.
- Divination techniques, especially the use of Ouija boards – or Ouija-like boards – can be extremely dangerous. I strongly advise against using them, or any type of “channeling,” including automatic writing. Also, due to recent worrisome reports about demonic activity, I no longer recommend using dowsing rods, except to rule out infrasound.
My interest in haunted sites is about history. I love to visit places where I feel a connection with the past, a sense of the people who lived or worked there, and events that occurred at or near that site.
Ghostly phenomena has always interested me, too, especially when – so far – it can’t be explained by science.
I’ll add to this page as I continue revisiting my older articles. For now, the points I mentioned are important and override anything I’d previously said. Also, I’m leaving many outdated articles online. Some of them still contain useful insights.
Any other recordings are fake.
- I do not discuss religion or politics in public settings or in recordings.
- I avoid saying anything unkind or critical of fellow investigators, haunted sites, others’ books, websites, recordings, or videos, and so on.
- I do not do “psychic readings.”
- I do not endorse products.
- I do not make public appearances that might be recorded. (And anyone who recognizes me at church, the public library, the grocery store, and so on… Well, I’m wary if someone starts reaching for their phone.)
If you hear a distressing recording that sounded like me, please report it to whomever is hosting that recording, and let others know so they’re not deceived. It was not me.