If you’re looking for how-to advice and tips to start ghost hunting – or improve your results as a ghost hunter – here are some of my most useful articles. (While this page is being updated, also see my “Sitemaps” page.)
Some ghost hunting tips
Best after you’ve been on a few investigations. (You may also like articles in my free course, Ghost Hunting for Beginners. It includes getting started, finding haunted places, joining or starting a ghost hunting team, etc.)
Haunted cemeteries & graveyards – how to find and investigate them
Basics and professional tips to safely investigate some of the best, free (and probably haunted) sites near you: Places where people were buried.
(While this site is being redesigned, use the Search form with the word “cemetery”.)
Types of ghosts – residual energy hauntings, poltergeists, shadow people, and more
Know what those labels are and what they mean. It’ll improve your ghost hunting results.
- Banshees and Ghost Hunting – In Ireland, the U.S., and Beyond
- Canada’s Poltergeists – The Great Amherst Mystery
- Differences – Haunted Objects, Haunted Houses
- Ghost Hunting? Don’t Try Too Hard.
- Hauntings – residual or ‘real’?
- Is That Noise a Ghost? Maybe Not!
- Poltergeists – What They Are, and Famous Stories
- Residual Energy Hauntings
- Three Kinds of Ghosts You Can See
- What is a Banshee? A Ghost, a Faerie or Something Else?
- What is a Ghost?
- What’s Not a Ghost – The Basics
- What’s the Main Reason Why Ghosts Haunt Houses?
Getting the most from ghostly tours & events
Identify the best tours and events, and how to prepare for the most eerie encounters.
(While this site is being redesigned, use the Search form with the word “tours” or “events.”)
Halloween and other seasonal-ish opportunities
Halloween is just the tip of the iceberg. In fact, at least one other day provides equally good (or better) investigation opportunities.
(While this site is being redesigned, use the Search form with the word “halloween.”)
Professional ghost hunting – making it a career (including TV shows)
Can you have a career in paranormal research? Maybe, but would you really want to? That’s up to you.
- Are Ghost TV Shows Real?
- Can Ghost Hunters Use EMF-Sensitivity for Better Investigations?
- Certified? What does it mean?
- Earning a Living as a Ghost Hunter
- Fact or Fake? Ghost Hunting TV Shows
- Fake! In Ghost Hunting, Does It Matter?
- Ghost Hunters – How Much Do You Charge?
- Ghost Hunters TV Show – Fake?
- Ghost Hunting Personalities – Entertainers… or Researchers?
- Ghost Hunting TV Shows – Are They Real? (Updated)
- Ghosts are People, Too.
- How to Talk to an Audience about Ghosts – Checklist
- If You Want to Be on a Paranormal TV Show
- Interview with a Pro – Jamie of Chicagoland Ghosts
- Interview with a Pro – Lesley Marden
- Interview with a Pro – Sean Paradis
- Making Money in Ghost Hunting
- Not Every “Haunted” Site Has Ghosts, But…
- Parapsychology Degrees
- Psychics – Why Do We See What We See?
- Want to Find Ghosts?
Hallowfields’ free course – Ghost Hunting for Beginners
- 1. Ghost Hunting Basics (Lesson 1)
- 2. Your First Ghost Hunt (Lesson 2)
- 3. Ghost Hunting Tools & Talents (Lesson 3)
- 4. A Thorough Ghost Investigation (Lesson 4)
- 5. Ghost Hunting Dangers (Lesson 5)
- 6. Protection for Ghost Hunters – Spiritual Dangers and Demons (Lesson 6)
- 7a. Ghost Hunting Teams and Going Pro (Lesson 7, part 1)
- 7b. Joining a Ghost Hunting Team (Lesson 7, part 2)
- 7c. Starting Your Own Ghost Hunting Team (Lesson 7, part 3)
- 7d. Ghost Hunting Course – Conclusion
You’ll find additional tips throughout this website.
For more articles on additional ghost hunting tips, start with the Sitemaps index page.