Mental Work, PK, and Poltergeist Activity
Poltergeist activity… is it ghostly? When objects fly across the room, stones rain from the skies, and TVs turn on and off… by themselves, is it paranormal?
Four explanations for poltergeist activity:
- A ghost caused the objects to move.
- A ghost worked in tandem with a living (and somewhat emotional) person. Their combined efforts remotely moved objects.
- It’s a psychological issue, and PK (psychokinesis) probably starts with a living person.
- Poltergeist activity? Ha! No, it’s always a prank. (I’ve witnessed enough dramatic poltergeist activity to laugh at that idea.)
In the near future, a research project called Mental Work may tell us more.
Here’s the YouTube video.
Use your brainwaves to control the workings of a machine and contribute to science at EPFL ArtLab’s next art-science exhibition, “Mental Work” from October 2…
I prefer the explanation (and demonstration) in the Euronews report: http://www.euronews.com/2017/10/24/public-invited-to-show-off-the-power-of-their-minds
You can participate in this experiment in Switzerland. They’re hiring: Mental Work.
What this means for ghost hunting
Psychokinesis (PK) – also known as telekinesis – could explain some ghost phenomena.
- Someone could cause poltergeist activity. (Most people connected with poltergeist activity have no idea they’re part of it.)
- When we ask the ghost to move the child’s toy, knock on a wall, or slam a door, maybe someone living controls it.
- Is some form of electromagnetic energy involved? That could trigger EMF spikes and affect devices such as the Ovilus.
- Likewise, a living individual could create the on-off “communications” we attempt with loosened contacts in flashlights.
Of course, these “could” possibilities are more theory than hard science.
Meanwhile, avoid skeptics’ mistake of insisting that anything that can be faked (or explained in normal terms), always is.
I’m not sure where this will lead us.
But, anything that clarifies what the mind can do – among the living or the dead – can help us better understand haunted places.