She begins by talking about a photo — posted by someone with experience — that was pounced on by a skeptical critic. She also mentions a 2010 documentary, The Afterlife Investigations, including events at Scole and those in Italy during Marcello Bacci’s presentations.
Terms she describes:
- DRV – Direct Radio Voice, or voices from the other side, heard via radio or a radio-like device. (Ref. Frank’s Boxes, Shack Hacks, Ghost Boxes, Spirit Boxes, and so on.) Compare with ITC.
- Apports – solid objects that are transported from one location to another, through solid walls. (Fiona references poltergeist activity and describes how one of her children used to “apport” coins.)
Fiona explains that, especially with today’s miniature technology, anything can be faked. That doesn’t mean that every “paranormal” phenomenon is faked.
She focuses on two essential markers, separating genuine paranormal phenomena from those that might be normal (but weird), or downright faked.
- Expertise and integrity of the investigator or witnesses.
- What was going on at the time. That is, environmental issues that may affect the phenomena or perceptions of them. (Example: Whether the witness was in a very objective, even skeptical frame of mind, or if contagion might have influenced the person.)
Fiona describes different events represented in the documentary, The Afterlife Investigations, and explains how credible they seem to her.
Finally, Fiona talks about pacing yourself after Halloween, during the months when it’s less pleasant to go ghost hunting, and what to do during those months.
(Note: When Fiona talks about “those months” after saying how easy it is to reach burnout during September and October, she’s actually recommending R&R and reviewing the past year during November and December.)
- The Afterlife Investigations (2012 documentary) – Available on Netflix (USA) and via Amazon Prime Videos – Official website.
- The Scole Experiment (homepage).
- Dr. Rupert Sheldrake (raised PK question) – Video: What if telepathy really happens?
- Marcello Bacci, described by Paolo Presi.
The Scole Experiments, in The Afterlife Investigations (YouTube video)
Free Ghost News by Email
Never miss Hollow Hill updates!
Tags13 Days (2012) anomalies Apparitions Bell Witch Blood Cemetery Civil War ghosts Colleges Colonial common sense demons ecto EVP false anomalies Ghost Hunters ghost hunting ghostly history ghost photos ghosts ghost stories Gilson Road Cemetery haunted cemeteries Haunted headlines haunted houses Haunted places history investigating Louisiana Maine Myrtles New Orleans LA NH orbs Photos - faces and figures Photos - other anomalies Podcasts with Fiona Broome Salem schools Scotland skeptics spiritual tools true stories TV shows TX Universities