TEMPORARILY, THIS COURSE IS AT https://ghosthuntingacademy.wordpress.com/
This course has been online since the late 1990s. In October 2013, I updated the lessons. Now, in late 2017, I’m revising the course. During revisions, the original course is still online, and at a mirror site:
When the course is updated (later in 2017 or early 2018), its new home will be the Ghost Hunting Academy, and it will still be free.
Note to previous students: The old PDFs and MP3s were so out-of-date, I’ve removed them. As time permits, I’ll replace them with updated versions. Until then, you can visit the Ghost Hunting Academy and print the following lesson pages for your ghost hunting notebook.
The following are the old links.
- 1a. Welcome– What to expect in this course.
- 1b. The Basics – Things to think about before you go ghost hunting.
- 1c. Ghost hunting tools – Actually, you don’t need any.
- 1d. Protection – Something to think about.
- 1e. Who to go ghost hunting with – Never go alone!
- 1f. When to go ghost hunting – Usually, start before dusk.
- Optional: Reasons for Ghost Hunting – Understand your ghost hunting goals.
- How to find haunted places – Basic steps to success.
- More Location Reources – Public libraries and the police can be goldmines of advice.
- Ghost tours and online research – A mixed collection.
- ‘Creepy’ feelings, and local ghost hunting groups – Easy ways to begin.
- Evaluating haunted sites – What to look for, and where.
- Summary, and what to do next.
- Baseline… yourself! – Why to do this.
- Baseline preparations – Before, during and after investigations.
- Tools for new ghost hunters – When they’re useful. When they’re not.
- Preparing for your first ghost hunt – How to get ready.
- Homework – Your first ghost hunt, and maybe your second.
- Before you join a ghost hunting group – What’s good, and what’s not.
- Optional: Scams and Con Artists – What to Look for.
- Starting your own ghost hunting group – Things to think about.
- Managing a group, new members and looking professional – Even more to think about.
- Summary and conclusion – What’s next for you?
- Download and print your certificate… after you’ve completed the course.